Join Louise Haigh’s team: Caseworker job advert
Louise is looking to appoint a Caseworker for a full-time, permanent appointment. The successful applicant will be happy to work both independently and as part of our small, close-knit team.
Previous experience in a similar role is desirable. Louise welcomes applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith, disability or background.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Deal with large numbers of often complex queries from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication will be required.
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate.
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
- Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
- Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
- Draft responses to constituents.
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the MP is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends.
- Provide briefings for the MP.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage own workload, work independently, prioritise and work under pressure.
- Excellent IT – including use of the caseworker system, administrative and organisational skills.
- Experience of dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a small team.
- Knowledge of the key issues concerning people in Sheffield Heeley and an understanding of the city.
- Understanding of and sympathy with the aims and values of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
Salary: Pay is in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: Due to need for urgent start, we are encouraging applications as soon as possible and before 12 noon on Friday 13th August.
Further assessment of shortlisted applicants will be undertaken via an interview process on the week commencing Monday 16th August. It would be helpful if you could include your availability in your covering letter.
We will ideally be looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
If you believe you have what it takes to join the team, please submit a covering letter (1 side of A4 max) and CV outlining your suitability to Liz Pemberton firstname.lastname@example.org