Thank you so much for getting in touch with me.
I receive hundreds of emails, letters and phone calls each day and my team do our very best to respond as quickly as possible, but the volume is growing. I aim to respond to all correspondence as swiftly as possible.
Based on our current casework volumes, we aim to respond to you within ten working days and emergency cases will be prioritised.
Constituents first: Due to the volume of emails I receive and the need to prioritise casework, we may not respond to emails that aren’t relevant with my role as Member of Parliament for Sheffield Heeley or my role as Shadow Secretary of State for Transport
Please check you are one of my constituents:
There is a strict parliamentary protocol that MPs do not pursue issues raised by or about constituents of other MPs. So, before my team can process your enquiry, please check that you are one of my constituents. You can do this by entering your postcode here.
You should also ensure that you have:
- Provided your full name.
- Provided your full postal address including post code.
- Provided a contact telephone number and an email address if you have one.
- Provided your national insurance number (where relevant)
- Attached copies of any supporting documents or media (where relevant).
IMPORTANT: If you have not included this information, please re-send your email as I am unable to process your enquiry without it.
You can get in touch with me by post, phone, email, or by using the form below. If your issue is urgent then please call us on the phone.
Address: 63 Chesterfield Road, Sheffield S8 0RL
Office hours: The office is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, but please ring ahead before visiting.
Constituency Phone number: 0114 250 8113
Contact Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
How I can help
I can help constituents with the following issues:
- Tax problems involving the HM Revenue and Customs Department
- Welfare issues dealt with by the Department for Work and Pensions such as benefits, tax credits and state pensions.
- Issues handled by the Home Office such as immigration and passports.
- Issues relating to the Department of Health & Social Care such as concerns about hospitals or access to treatment.
- Any issues arising from any other government departments.
- Issues with utility companies.
- Consumer issues.
- You have a policy issue that you want me to raise with the Government
I can support constituents by:
- Writing to the Minister with responsibility for the department concerned.
- Asking an official for an explanation of why a decision has been made or policy position taken.
- Asking for a decision to be reviewed.
Help with council issues
IMPORTANT: Issues relating to services provided by Sheffield Council need to be raised with the relevant council department.
- Housing and council tax
- Anti-social behaviour
- Highways and roads
- Bins and littering
- School placements
- Adults’ and children’s social services
You can find out more about council services here.
I receive many invitations and we try to offer apologies where I am unable to attend, and I prioritise invitations that are relevant to my constituents and Ministerial role.
As an MP my diary reacts to urgent issues and on occasion I may need to postpone or cancel meetings or attending an event, sometimes at short notice. Where possible my team will try and rearrange.
Please accept my apologies if you don’t receive a response to an event invite within two weeks.
If you have contacted me about a policy related issue then please check on my website for a response to your policy query. E-mails are responded to in date order but please note personal matters will be prioritised if constituents need help.
Please note that as a Shadow Cabinet Member, I am unable to sign Early Day Motions (EDM’s).
Are you registered to vote? You can now register to vote online at https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote
Follow my work:
I post regularly about local and national issues over on my Facebook page.
You can also use this form to get in touch if you want to ask a question or need my help.