I am recruiting for a new position within my constituency office based on Chesterfield Road in Sheffield.
Details of the role and how to apply below.
Job Title: Constituency Assistant
Working For: Louise Haigh MP (Sheffield Heeley)
Location: Sheffield, S8
Salary: £21,529 – £34,599
Length of Contract: Permanent
Louise Haigh MP is seeking a full-time Constituency Assistant to join her busy constituency office based in Sheffield.
- Managing the MP’s busy email inbox and diary.
- Conducting surveys, collating data and identifying trends.
- Assist with constituency casework.
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports.
- Assist surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate.
- Attend constituency meetings as appropriate.
- Critically analyse patterns of enquiries and articulate the findings in reports and communication with the MP and other staff members.
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required.
- Draft responses to constituents.
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation.
- Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP.
- Establish, monitor and update a social media and online presence in the constituency.
- Produce online graphics and video content, as well as publicising surgeries and news alerts etc.
- Follow up on social media queries and comments.
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
- Manage and monitor social media enquiries, dealing with cases that do not need to be transferred to a higher level. Ensure all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office and social media platforms
• Ability to work proactively, independently and as part of a team
• Attention to detail and ability to prioritise tasks and manage own workload
• Good knowledge of Louise’s work and the constituency
• Awareness of current political issues at local and national level.
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
• Experience of using caseworker.mp, office 365
• Experience of working in a community/public role
• Driving licence and use of a car
• Experience in campaigning is desirable, as well as familiarity with social media engagement
No degree is required for this role.
Closing Date: 9am Wednesday 26th July
The shortlisting process will consist of at least one interview in person at the constituency office. Shortlisted candidates may be invited to interview ahead of the closing date.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Applicants should send their CV and a one-page covering letter outlining how they meet the requirements of the role and person specification.
This should be emailed to email@example.com with the subject titled Constituency Assistant Job Application