I am recruiting for a new position within my constituency office based on Chesterfield Road in Sheffield. I’m looking for an enthusiastic person, with excellent written and communication skills and a passion for supporting the community.
Job Title: Constituency Support Officer
Working For: Louise Haigh MP (Sheffield Heeley)
Location: Sheffield, S8
Length of Contract: Permanent
Salary: £21,000 – £26,000
Closing Date: 5pm Monday 2nd October 2023
Start date: As soon as possible.
Louise Haigh MP is seeking a full-time Constituency Support Officer to join her busy constituency office based in Sheffield.
- Assist surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
- Attend constituency meetings as appropriate Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required
- Draft responses to constituents Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP Establish, monitor and update a social media and online presence in the constituency.
- Produce online graphics and video content, as well as publicising surgeries and news alerts etc.
- Follow up on social media queries and comments Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken Manage and monitor social media enquiries, dealing with cases that do not need to be transferred to a higher level.
- Ensure all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner
- Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required (on constituency, non-party-political matters)
- Produce press releases, liaise with the media, meeting deadlines as appropriate
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally Additional responsibilities Manage the MPs busy diary
- Assist with constituency casework and Policy
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office, graphic design packages, video editing software and social media platforms
- Ability to work proactively, independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise tasks and manage own workload
- Good knowledge of Louise’s work and the constituency
- Awareness of current political issues at local and national level.
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Labour Party
- Experience of using caseworker.mp and office 365
- Experience of working in a community/public role
- Driving licence and use of a car
- Experience in campaigning is desirable, as well as familiarity with social media engagement
No degree is required for this role.
The shortlisting process will consist of at least one interview in person at the constituency office. Shortlisted candidates may be invited to interview ahead of the closing date.
Applicants should send their CV and a one-page covering letter outlining how they meet the requirements of the role and person specification.
This should be emailed to Anita.Dell@Parliament.uk with the subject titled Constituency Support Assistant Application